Trans-Global Solutions, Inc. is now looking to hire individuals with experience in heavy equipment electrical systems, maritime electrical systems, and other power generation systems to be Locomotive Mechanics. We will provide you with training on locomotive repair.
This position requires traveling. You must be willing to travel and work out of your home area up to five days per week (overnight) on a continual basis.
As a Locomotive Mechanic you can expect to:
• Inspect locomotives on a regular basis within prescribed standards to identify areas requiring repair or maintenance and performance of necessary repairs.
• Apply requirements of regulatory agencies, industry associations, and company maintenance policies.
• Repair and maintain electrical systems and diesel locomotives.
• 1 year certificate from college or technical school; 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*** It is MANDATORY to provide us with your resume so we can view your job history ***
• Understanding of generating electricity with a diesel engine is a requirement.
• Understanding of electrical systems and a desire to learn and work hard.
• Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s driver license and have the willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment.
• Must pass and complete Safety Training as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by TGS at all TGS, Inc. locations.
• Must be willing to work shift and/or overtime hours during the week and/or weekends as dictated by operations.
• Read job order, observe, and listen to locomotive in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
• Diagnose problems and make repairs to railroad equipment/locomotives.
• Diagnose and make repairs to locomotive safety equipment.
• Perform mechanical, airbrake and electrical repairs to EMD/GE diesel-electric locomotives.
• Install new ignition systems, align locomotive wheels, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
• Overhaul engines.
• Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on locomotives, and make adjustments.
• Operate a variety of equipment such as cutting torch, welder, forklift, hand tools and electric meters.
• Lubricate moving parts and operate repaired locomotive to verify conformance to specifications.
• Fabricate special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
• Be cost conscious, which includes working within an approved budget; contributing to profits and revenue; and conserving organizational resources.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret locomotive blueprints in order to make repairs and adjustments.
At TGS we are proud to offer career opportunities in the growing railroad industry. From railroad construction to operations management, there is a place for those seeking a challenging and rewarding career. We hire those with diverse talents, ambitions and skills to create a dynamic working environment that encourages our employees to do exceptional work for our customers. Our ethical work practices, committed relationships with our customers and our community involvement make TGS a great place to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.